Any accidents, serious incidents and incidents/occurrences, regarding flight safety, must be reported to our Directorate General, on mandatory and/or voluntary basis, with the purpose of maintaining and increasing flight safety.
- Any incidents occurred in the Turkish Airspace in respect of the Turkish or foreign air operators,
- Any incidents occurred in respect of the air operators in relation to maintenance, repair and manufacturing of any aircraft and aircraft parts,
- Any incidents in relation to the air navigational services and Ground Handling agents,
- Any incidents in relation to meteorology services,
- Any other incidents, occurred at the Turkish airports, and affecting or having a potential to affect flight safety, and
- Any incidents, occurred at the airspaces or airports of any other countries in respect of the Turkish air operators
are required to be reported to our Directorate General, on mandatory and/or voluntary basis, in accordance with the SHT-INCIDENT Instruction.
Any incident reports sent to our Directorate General are retained at our relevant data bank, and the names and details of the persons are kept confidential at the relevant data bank irrespective of the content of the accident, serious incident and incident.
|Flight Operations Department SAFA Coordination Office|
|Address||Gazi Mustafa Kemal Bulvari No:128/A 06570 Maltepe / ANKARA|
|Contact Person||Ahmet Samil Demir|
|Tel||(312) 203 61 36|
|Fax||(312) 203 62 63|
|Accident Research and Investigation Board of
the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs And Communications
|Address||Hanimeli Sokak No:7 Sıhhiye/ANKARA|
|Contact Person||Feridun SEREN, Hamza DINC|
|Tel||(312) 203 14 31|
|Fax||(312) 229 72 89|
Incident Reporting Statement
In respect of any accidents, serious incidents and incidents/occurrences, which may jeopardize the aircraft, passengers or 3rd persons, mandatory reporting is provided to the Accident Research and Investigation Board, available within the organization of our Ministry, and to our Directorate General, by the following persons or institutions.
- The Captain or the operator, responsible for ensuring safety and surveillance of the operation,
- Any persons serving in the design, manufacturing, maintenance or modification processes of any equipment or part of any aircraft,
- Any persons signing the release to service form of any equipment or part of any aircraft,
- Any persons authorized as the air traffic controller or flight information officer,
- Airport Chief Directors / Airport Directors,
- Any persons responsible for attachment, modification, maintenance, repair, replacement, flight control or auditing of air navigational devices,
- Any persons assigned at the ground handling including the activities in relation to preparation of the forms for refueling, service, weight and balance, and to loading, deicing as well as pushing the aircraft.
Any incidents other than the accident and serious incidents are assessed by the Incident Reporting Assessment Division, and the incidents, which are decided to be investigated, are sent to the relevant Departments of our Directorate General.
Please send the Incident, required to be reported, to email@example.com by e-mail upon completion of the following relevant form.
Voluntary Reporting Statement
The employees serving at the industry are encouraged to report any significant details in relation to flight safety through the voluntary reporting system. Such details are intended to provide assistance to find out and determine the potential risks in relation to aviation, and to take appropriate measures on time.
Any and all reporting may be performed by any person, who uses aviation services, or who perform observation in relation to flight safety in this field, and who are engaged in aviation either directly or indirectly. Reports may be forwarded to our Directorate General without specifying any name or through the voluntary reporting system.
The Reporting Form is given below, and may be sent by mail, fax or e-mail.
What kind of incidents may be reported?
Any interruption, failure, error occurred during the operation, and any other inappropriate incidents, which may affect security of aircraft, passengers or any other persons. However, any incidents, which currently pose no risk but may pose any potential threat to the aviation flight safety if not corrected, may be reported.
Please send the Incident, required to be reported, to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail, or by fax and mail to our Directorate General, upon completion of the following relevant form.